The Diocese of San Angelo seeks a Controller.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Angelo has an excellent opportunity for a Controller. The Diocese numbers over 85,000 Catholics in 45 parishes and 21 missions in the 29 counties that encompass the diocese.
Responsibilities include assisting with the annual audit, performing general accounting duties, and coordinating various insurance tasks. In addition to the general job duties, the Controller will be required to update - at times create - a variety of spreadsheets, assist in special projects at the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and provide management with ad-hoc reports as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the activities of the Finance Office staff.
- Prepare diocesan financial reports, as well as departmental financial reports.
- Review payables for correct charges, approvals and coding.
- Create and upload positive pay and NACHA files for AP check runs.
- Review and approve receivables and cash receipts.
- Input general journal entries.
- Send out customer statements.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform imports into accounting software.
- Review completed bank reconciliations.
- Assist with annual budget for the diocese and parishes.
- Compile audit schedules as requested.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems, processes, and policies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fund accounting experience is preferential with proficiency in multi-location accounting.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting, bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Abila MIP experience a plus, ability to adapt to new software required.
- Good math and logic aptitude with the ability to choose the right mathematical method or formula to solve a problem.
- Exceptional communication, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills with the ability to follow-up effectively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks, organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a time sensitive environment.
- Capacity to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Cover letter that aligns your experiences and skill set with the current needs of the diocese as you understand them.
- Current resume with all appropriate dates included.
- List of three references including names, relationship, phone numbers and email addresses. No references will be contacted without your knowledge and approval.