The Archdiocese of Detroit seeks an Archdiocesan Treasurer
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position is a senior level officer working closely with the Chief Financial Officer of the Archdiocese of Detroit involved in strategic planning and operational execution for all cash and invested assets (approximately $350 Million) for the Endowment Foundation, Priest Pension Plan, Archdiocesan Cemeteries, Loan Deposit Program and Central Services funds. This position acts as Executive Director for Loan Deposit Program (LDP). This position requires Bond Investor relations management for publically issued Revenue Sharing Bonds. This position maintains strategic Treasury Management relationships with primary commercial banking (JP Morgan Chase) and with primary custodial/trust account relationships (Comerica and US Bank). This position is very engaged in investment portfolio monitoring through the investment manager (CapTrust) and the 9 asset managers. This position works with Michigan Catholic Conference and its risk management programs and employee 403B investments for the Archdiocese. This position requires security and credit screening to enable check and bank transfer signing authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS REQUIRED BY THIS JOB
- Ex-officio member of the Loan Deposit Program committee of the Archdiocesan Finance Council. Monitors and recommends savings deposit rates and individual loan lending rates for the LDP. Provide direction and assistance for all parishes regarding any element of the LDP. Establish communication strategy to insure the LDP program is customer oriented toward the parishes.
- Ex-officio member of the Investment Committee of the Archdiocesan Finance Council. Team approach reviews quarterly investment results, asset manager performance, asset manager selection, periodic rebalancing, annual Investment Policy Statement (IPS), and other requests.
- Supervise the treasury analyst and establish priorities as needed to meet committed deadlines. Manage activities including comprehensive loan documentation, detailed analysis of loan reserves, troubled asset restructuring program, and delinquency monitoring reports.
- Coordinate and direct the cash and cash equivalents transaction processing, planning and monitoring activities for AOD. Evaluate and select optimized short-term investment strategies to complement the longer term managed investment assets.
- Assist in development and implementation of internal control policies, guidelines and procedures to insure segregation of duties including separation of the accounting of transactions from the cash receipt/disbursement functions.
- Develop the level of cash management knowledge throughout the Finance Department and within the AOD. Assist other Central Services departments in any manner involving cash activities. Assist as needed in cash management of any parish at their request.
- Coordinate budget planning with the Controller in order to create Cash Flow Budgets to complement accounting budgets. Establish capital expenditure planning and control procedures with respect to cash planning.
- Maintain current knowledge of Archdiocesan Policies and Procedures, current treasury standards, and governmental regulations as they relate to treasury and finance.
- Provide treasury activity source documentation and information for external and internal audits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, MCC, and non-organizational accounting personnel in order to facilitate treasury activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s in business administration (concentration in Finance) preferred. Certified Treasury Professional designation is desirable.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen years’ experience in banking (preferably in operations or institutional), commercial finance or accounting (CPA experience is desirable).
- Optimal candidates will have at least five years of senior management experience. Non-Profit Industry experience or fund accounting management is desirable.
- Recent experience in cloud based financial technology platforms is needed. System experience with Intacct or DLS would be an extra.
- Ability to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit
Candidates must meet requirements to be considered for the Treasury position.