DFMC 2020 50th Anniversary Virtual Meeting!
DFMC 2020 Virtual Meeting Schedule
Monday, September 14
09-14-2020 | 9:00 am - 9:30 am MT
Pre-Conference Internal Audit Forum English and Spanish
09-14-2020 | 9:30 am - 11:00 am MT
English Facilitators: Don Borisch and Kathy Hogan
Spanish Facilitator: Jorge Montenegro
Bring your ideas, questions, and comments to this forum for networking and sharing with other internal auditors and fiscal managers from around the country in an informal setting.
Denver 2020 50th Anniversary!
DFMC 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting
September 14-17, 2020
Virtual Meeting Hosted by the Archdiocese of Denver
2020 DFMC Annual Meeting
- Opening Keynote by internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and television, Real Life Catholic founder Chris Stefanick
- Time to pray with daily liturgy, opportunities for adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Presentations by
- Chris Lowney, Author of the best selling book Heroic Leadership, speaker, and vice chair of the board of CommonSpirit Health, one of America’s largest Catholic healthcare systems on how to revitalize the Catholic Church.
- William Canny, Executive Director of the USCCB Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) will explain federal funding regarding immigration issues at the national and diocesan levels, as well as help us navigate the bishops' immigration policies.
- Peter L. de Keratry, CFRE, Executive Director of Stewardship & Development for the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City on Gift Acceptance and Disposition in the COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 and cyber world.
- Mr. Keith Parsons, Chief Operating Officer of the Archdiocese of Denver and Dn. Aruna Silva, Chief Financial Officer for the Diocese of Las Vegas will explore various diocesan payroll system strategies, looking at what works well and where troubles can occur.
- Dr. Erin Barisano, Superintendent of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Orange, and Dr. John Staud, Executive Director of the Alliance for Catholic Education at the University of Notre Dame, on Catholic School Sustainability.
- Robbie Bach former Chief Xbox Officer at Microsoft on how to turn disruptive forces into transformative opportunities.
- Luca Saletti, Head of Customer Relations and Aurelio Amaduzzi, CRO at the Vatican's Istituto per le Opere di Religione (IOR) on financial reform at the Vatican and international accounting standards.
- Rev. Giovanni Capucci, Judicial Vicar of the Archdiocese of Denver, on the ever important balance between the pastor’s role and the parish finance council.
- Mr. Tom Gordon, Chief Operating Officer, Catholic Extension and Mr. Matt Hochstein, Vice President, Client Services, Hagerty Consulting, on disaster recovery and dealing with FEMA.
- Dr. Diane Barr, JD, Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, on financial assistance for priests and bishops no longer in ministry.
- Mr. Stephen H. Schott, Principal & Director; Kevin Barry Chief Investment Officer; Kyle Campbell, CAIA®, CFA® Vice President of CAPTRUST, on fulfilling missions during volatile economic conditions.
- Mr. Robert Seelig, Chief Executive Officer of Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services, on lessons learned by Catholic cemeteries as an essential businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Mr. Domingo Betancourt and Mr. Ray Coogan, Senior Account Executives at Our Sunday Visitor, on raising capital to jumpstart parish financial recovery.
- Mr. Tom Drez, Chief Information Officer of Christian Brothers Services, on risk management from the cyber perspective.
- Mr. Ben Lytle, Partner at Lytle Healthcare, LLC on how to adapt your diocese and leadership to accelerating change and volatility.
- Dcn. Bernard Nojadera, Executive Director, USCCB Secretariat for Child and Youth Protection, on the application of High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles in daily operations.
- Internal Audit Forum in English and Spanish
- Certified Diocesan Fiscal Manager (CDFM) Overview
- Up to 21+ CPE Hours for attending the entire Conference
- One-on-One interaction with the most important diocesan service providers
- A unique and important opportunity for friendship, fellowship, and exchange with your peers from all over North America, the Caribbean, and the Pacific Islands.
- Good food, good fun, and quality time to relax in one of the most exciting and hospitable cities in America!