The Diocese of Monterey is seeking a Diocesan Finance Officer. The Diocesan Finance Officer is responsible, in consultation with the Bishop, for the overall financial management of the Diocese of Monterey and the stewardship of fiscal resources in support of the mission and goals of the Diocese.
This position oversees all financial and related functions including budgeting, accounting, investments, risk management, real estate and facilities and information systems as well as development, stewardship and cemetery operations.
1. Analyze and make recommendations pertaining to all major financial decisions and questions facing the Diocese and affiliated entities;
2. Serve as staff to and work in collaboration with the Diocesan Finance Council and other consultative bodies and boards of directors of affiliated corporations;
3. Oversee the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget;
4. Make recommendations as to available resources and financial limitations;
5. Implement and evaluate financial policies and practices to insure financial goals and objectives are met;
6. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements for diocesan administrative offices, management, finance counsel and others;
7. Oversee the planning and completion of the auditing process;
8. Provide direction and supervision for the finance department personnel;
9. Oversee the administration of the Diocesan investment portfolio, cash management and deposit and loan funds.;
10. Member of the Administrative Team of the Diocese which oversees all diocesan operations.
1. Demonstrated leadership and resourcefulness in finance and accounting administration and operations; high degree of flexibility in order to achieve objectives and meet demands as required;
2. Knowledge of the Catholic Church;
3. Significant meeting facilitation experience;
4. Ability to multitask and change priorities quickly and effectively;
5. A high level of independent thought and initiative 6. Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field, finance and/or accounting.
2. 5 to 10 years of professional experience with multiple responsibilities in leadership positions in accounting or finance.
3. Administrative leadership preferably in the Catholic Church or a non-profit organization.
4. Experience working with boards of directors, consultative boards and a variety of people.
5. Advanced knowledge of budging principles and practices, accounting principles, investment and financial reporting laws and procedures.
6. Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with Catholic Church.
Please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining how you believe your skills, knowledge and experience make you an excellent candidate for this position.
By June 15, 2017